Make DevWorks International Your Next Adventure
DevWorks’ mission is to support people around the world to pursue opportunities for equitable social and economic growth to create stronger, more resilient communities. DevWorks builds on 10 years of experience implementing high-quality donor-funded projects in 19 countries across Central and South America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Asia.
DevWorks hiring and recruitment practices are based on commitment, flexibility, and integrity. We support our staff’s growth professionally and personally.
Location: TBD (S/SE Asia; Possibly Bangladesh, Philippines, India, or Thailand)
Start Date: Anticipated December 2021
DevWorks is recruiting for a Country Coordinator to support the Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) South and Southeast Asia Regional Innovation Hub (S/SE Asia RIH). The goal of WE4F is to support enterprises to scale their innovations that impact the sectors of food, water, and energy to increase the sustainability of agricultural food value chains, improve energy and water efficiency, and improve climate resilient agriculture in developing countries and emerging markets. More information: https://we4f.org/asia.
The Country Coordinator will function as the country representative and coordinate program interventions at the country level. He/she will serve as the primary interface with the innovators and will support pipeline development, facilitate needs-based technical assistance for innovators, and carry out performance monitoring and reporting. The Country Coordinator will also interact with key stakeholders, including private sector, investors, government officials, and donors to support the project’s enabling environment objective. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a primary point of contact for WE4F S/SE Asia RIH to build strong relationships with project entrepreneurs,
- Identifying and addressing needs for technical assistance, and supporting the creation and execution of relevant work plans,
- Supporting investment pipeline entry and progression,
- Provide insights into local value chains, policy and regulatory environments, and other country-specific context and frameworks relevant to WE4F technologies,
- Assisting in grant compliance and collection of performance indicators,
- Assisting in WE4F’s internal processes, including administrative supports, documentation and streamlining of processes based on donor requirements, and
- Supporting other activities to ensure the scalability and compliance of the entrepreneurs and WE4F S/SE Asia RIH.
- 5 or more years of experience working on coordination and growth-stage enterprise support in agriculture, water, or energy sectors in S/SE Asia.
- Demonstrated experience delivering business advisory services including, but not limited to, business model improvement, customer outreach strategy and market research to small and medium enterprises.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with a broad set of stakeholders, including investors and other private sector actors, national and subnational governments, local communities, and donors.
- Experience with performance monitoring and reporting for donor-funded projects.
- USAID experience preferable.
- Technical background in one or more of the sectors of agriculture, water, and energy.
- Familiar with the entrepreneurship ecosystems and Agri tech-innovation.
- Maintains an active network of key contacts in one or more of the sectors.
- Strong understanding of the local business enabling environment and demonstrated experience engaging in policy advocacy.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- In-country candidates preferred.
For immediate consideration, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “WE4F Country Coordinator – TBD” on the subject line.
Invitation for Bid: (Ref No. SNV USA/SWACHCHHATA/07-2021) - EXTENDED
Invitation for Bid: (Ref No. SNV USA/SWACHCHHATA/07-2021)
The USAID-funded Swachchhata Project aims to contribute to Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy goal of a healthier and well-nourished population. The Project focuses on improving quality of health service delivery and hygiene in seven districts in Lumbini and Karnali provinces. The Project is releasing this Invitation for Bids for Nepali-registered suppliers/service providers to support construction of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) infrastructures for 17 Health Facilities (HFs). Fabricated and ready-made construction materials needed include cement, rebar, HDPE pipes & fittings, GI pipes & fittings, PPR pipes & fittings, toilet and bathroom fittings. Bids should include the cost of delivery of materials.
SNV USA has adopted a new trade name and is doing business as DevWorks International. To apply, please submit a bid document with company profile, detailed costs/Bill of Quantities, including all taxes and expenses, and schedule of delivery of materials to project sites in Rukum, Salyan and Jajarkot districts. The deadline for submission is 25 October 2021 by 12:00 PM Nepal time. The bid documents must be submitted in a sealed envelope in the following address:
Attn: Badri Lamsal
SWACHCHHATA Project Office
B.P. Chowk, Korianpur-12, Nepalgunj, Banke
The full Invitation for Bids document can be found here with specific details of the bid requirements
Annex 1: Bill of Quantity templates for Rukum, Salyan and Jajarkot districts can be found here:
Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor/Consultancy
Location: Open to multiple locations in South/SE Asia, but must be able to travel periodically throughout the region
Start Date: Contingent upon approval
DevWorks is recruiting for a Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor to support the Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) Regional Innovation Hub in South and Southeast (S/SE) Asia. The goal of WE4F is to support enterprises to scale their innovations that impact the sectors of food, water, and energy in order to increase the sustainability of agricultural food value chains, improve energy and water efficiency, and improve climate resilient agriculture in developing countries and emerging markets. For more information, please visit: https://we4f.org/south-and-southeast-asia.
The Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor will serve as the senior technical expert in water for agriculture for the WE4F S/SE Asia Regional Innovation Hub. They will ensure technical excellence in program implementation related to water across the region – including business development services to enterprises in the water sector, support innovators to complete technical feasibility activities related to water-ag nexus, support innovators in meeting milestones related to water systems, and enabling environment interventions. They will support program learning at the national and regional level and contribute to knowledge development. The Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor will also represent the project and share lessons learned at international fora with a broad set of stakeholders. The LOE for this position is expected to be 15 – 20% throughout the life of the project (contingent upon award, through July 2024).
• 10 or more years of experience implementing donor-funded projects focused on water in S/SE Asia at a regional level.
• Demonstrated expertise investigating and providing consultative services on technical questions and policy issues related to water for agricultural use and enterprise development.
• Strong understanding of water policy issues and the business enabling environment in S/SE Asia.
• Ability to provide thought leadership and represent the project at international fora with a broad set of stakeholders, including donors, governments, private sector actors, and local communities.
• Experience building the capacity of small and medium enterprises and providing training/mentoring to project staff.
• Experience providing multidisciplinary support to SMEs/innovators (business development, policy, sustainability, and legal compliance and guidance)
• Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of current methods and priorities in program monitoring, data collection, and evaluation.
• Master’s degree or higher in a water and/or development-related field, such as engineering, hydrology, water resources management, public administration, or business.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Water-Agriculture Nexus Advisor (Re-advertise)”.
Feed the Future Mali Sene Yiriwa - Terms of Reference - Baseline Study
Duration: 90 days
Vacancy code: SENEYIRIWARFP-001
Closing Date: September 3, 2021
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Mali Sene Yiriwa Activity in the Delta zone is a five-year activity (2021-2026) designed to build the resilience of targeted populations through inclusive, sustainable, nutrition-sensitive economic growth driven by agriculture. The Mali Sene Yiriwa Activity in the Delta zone is one of four activities of USAID Mali’s Feed the Future (FTF) strategy and contributes directly to the United States Government’s (USG) current Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) country plan for Mali with the goal of sustainably reducing hunger, malnutrition, and poverty.
The purpose of this study is to collect high-quality data that will help Sene Yiriwa Activity in the Delta zone and its partners establish a baseline from which to measure change through the performance indicators included in the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP). In addition, the findings from the baseline study will be useful to various stakeholders at different stages of the activity’s implementation.
Also, the results of the baseline study will serve as a guide for learning and adapting the most effective strategies, ensuring that high-impact strategies are identified, used, and promoted within the Sene Yiriwa activity and among other development partners.
The Vendor shall develop the survey methodology and data collection plan, which shall include (at a minimum):
- Description of how the firm will address potential challenges to data collection associated with insecurity; including a contingency plan (e.g., increasing sample size to account for potential inaccessibility of selected POs/areas)
- Methodology for pre-testing the paper and electronic questionnaire in the field
- The training plan and program
- The data collection protocol, including the sampling design for selecting producer organizations, questionnaire, and the manual for the interviewers. The manual should include the glossary and key definitions used by the Sene Yiriwa activity to ensure a common understanding of the survey questions and objectives
- Limitations of the methodology
- An overview of the data quality control process: assessing and managing the challenges and risks associated with the data collection process
- Data cleansing procedures
- Detailed data analysis methods with a list of descriptive statistics tables. The descriptive statistics should include the activity indicators listed above as well as other cross-tabulations that will define the profiles of the targeted producer organizations. The data processing methodology should be clear and concise. It should show the procedures and tools used to process and analyze the data
- A detailed schedule for data collection and analysis of the survey results.
How to Apply
Proposals (including technical and cost proposals and accompanying documents) must be received electronically by e-mail and should be marked SENEYIRIWARFP-001 or by mail/hand delivery addressed to the Procurement Officer, Sene Yiriwa, Badalabougou, Bamako, Mali. Proposals must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. local time in Mali on September 3, 2021. Please see full RFP below for submission instructions.
Call for Business Development Specialists - Global
DevWorks International (DevWorks) seeks international development professionals to join our growing support services practice area. This practice area supports a variety of organizations in business and proposal development, including specific strategy development and opportunity assessments; organizing and managing design sessions; producing and/or revising technical content for key proposal sections; preparing cost proposals with the support of the DevWorks finance team; supporting recruitment efforts; and attending donor workshops/events, among other assignments. Given the wide variety of tasks and assignments, experts of all levels (junior, mid, and senior), are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects, especially with USAID, USDA, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in political/social science, international relations, or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of business and proposal development processes
- Strong organizational skills, execution of tasks, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, coordinate and effectively meet program goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work closely with organizations based in the developing world
- Experience with organizational capacity development a plus
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Specialist” in the subject line.
Call for Technical Experts: WASH and Water Resources Management - Global
DevWorks International (DevWorks) is seeking technical experts for upcoming projects focused on water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and water resources management (WRM) globally. WASH and WRM experts will provide technical expertise to project teams in topics such as WASH market systems development; enterprise development; governance; sustainable service delivery; access to finance; and climate resilience. Upcoming projects may provide support in a broad range of areas within the WASH sector, including data collection and management; assessment and analysis; strategic planning and program design; capacity building and institutional strengthening; policy, regulatory and institutional support; technical and service delivery; shock response and adaptive management; and performance monitoring and evaluation for the implementation of field activities and projects.
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in the WASH and/or WRM sectors.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following countries is required: D.R. Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Senegal, South Sudan, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Previous work experience on USAID-funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve consensus on technical and administrative matters. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Technical Expert – WASH” in the subject line.